Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Somethin I just can't get out of my mind...

Has there ever been a time when someone does something that stays in your mind forever? It's taken me a very long time to decide whether or not I would like to post this. I mean, it's not that personal but it's something that had affected me.

So here goes, here's my story:

Last year I had gone to Great America (my very first post- check it out!) with two of my very good friends. We were in line for this one ride and my friends needed to use the restrooms that were nearby, so I waited in line for all of us. So there's this other group of people that came to stand in line: Two girls and Two guys. I was like star-struck! I mean come on, when you see a really cute guy who's not in "awe?" I was trying not to make it look obvious that I was staring so I just kept my eyes on the ground. And from the corner of my eye i saw that he too looked down at the ground beneath us. And oh my oh my I heard him say something: "Look, we have the same shoes." And it was true we were both wearing black canvas VANS! But i had no clue whether to respond to him because I didn't know whether or not he was even talking to me. I mean what if he was talking to his group of friends, ya know? I know that this may sound weird but that little statement really got to me. I see lots of guys every day that wear the same black canvas VANS as me and THEY DON'T EVEN POINT THAT FACT OUT TO YOU AND THE WORLD! but this guy did and it was something different for me. And now I think back and maybe we could have got to know each other if i would have said something too, even if he wasn't directing the statement to me. What if this was one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?

6 comments:

  1. I've had something like that happen before, and felt the same way. Then I met my soon to be husband, and realized, good things will happen to you. No matter what. Don't have any regrets. Maybe next time you'll go up to that boy (who ever it may be). Don't let it eat you up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this story. It's strange, but I always look at the shoes guys are wearing.. I don't know why!! And anyway it happened a kinda same thing to me.. This boy is at my school, he doesn't like me, he likes my class mate, and I don't like him, but he's obsessed with the shoes I wear (because he's a sk8er) VANS ERA!!
    I mean.. Vans are always in the way?!? But I love them lol! :D
    I hope one day you'll find this boy again, or maybe another similar one :) Good luck Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know how you feel- it sucks to look back and wonder if you should have done something differently. When I was in high school I was super shy, but now I've realized that just being a little more outgoing goes a long way. If I were in your position, the old me probably would have been to shy to say anything. But the slightly more grown up probably would just turn around a give them a little smile. :) Even if he wasn't talking to me, who doesn't like a free smile? Everybody likes when someone is friendly to them. So hey, what's the worst that could happen? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it would be great if you somehow ran back into him again. and this time ur both wearing the same red vans.
    just a thought :)
    xo
    MosaMuse

    MosaMuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this because I have felt the same way countless times. And sure, it was an opportunity, but I wouldn't call it once in a lifetime because some day you will find yourself in a similar situation and will say the perfect words to someone who will end up being the perfect man! Well, that's how I see it. I've had to teach myself not to worry about what could've happened and just focus on the present moment (which can be difficult if you're an occasional awkward mess like me).

    But this post is great, and I love that you shared it!

    ReplyDelete